Thursday, December 12, 2013

A December Filled with Good Old Games

December will be quite the month of gaming for me. While I had initially prepared it to be a cozy winter break filled with old adventure games, when I saw that GOG.com was offering the early Fallout games for free (they're available until December 14th!), I couldn't resist. However I didn't really stop there. After all, I might as well go all out and play through a few other acclaimed legendary games of the past. So, I picked up System Shock 2 along with Half Life in order to ensure my December acquires that dark sense of fear which games like The Last Express and Trine 2 might not provide.

All throughout December (and well into 2014), I'll be writing about whatever captivates me in these various games. Hopefully analyzing the various storytelling technique and gameplay design will provide me with a better understanding of the various elements required to make an entertaining and captivating game.

Here are the various games I'll be playing this December:

  • The Last Express
  • System Shock 2
  • Half Life (1 and 2)
  • The Secret of Monkey Island (1 and 2)
  • Device 6
  • Trine 2: The Complete Story
  • Far Cry 2
  • Doki Doki Universe
  • Fallout (1, 2, Tactics, and 3)


This list is definitely daunting, and while I've started on a few of these I'm not expecting to complete all of them by the end of December. I'm also hoping to be able to fit in a few posts about the PS4 and the various games I've been playing on it (mostly pirates, soccer, and Resogun). Finally, if you have any game suggestions I should add to my December list, let me know in the comments! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

niccoloc@hotmail.com